Yoga Retreat Portugal
The Life Awareness Yoga retreat in Portugal is a retreat to rediscover, reconnect and recreate your life. Learn to maintain mental and physical well being in the beautiful National Park Costa Vicentina. You will train mind & body to develop health, happiness and a deeper connection with your true Self. The Yoga sessions are combined with deepening theory and meditation training to regain your focus and consciousness of the mind. Training body and mind to develop a healthy and happy life by yoga, meditation and being in pure nature. More than a Yoga holiday in Portugal. A yoga retreat to relax and reconnect in the beautiful SW tip of Europe.
What to expect
Dynamic morning yoga and relaxing evening yoga classes with guidance to give you a deeper understanding of mind and meditation. Quiet time in the morning and evening, and heaps of time during the day to do whatever you feel like. Go on a hike in this wonderful national park in Portugal, take a surf lesson or read your book next to the pool in the shade of an orange tree. A week to enjoy delicious healthy food, reconnect with your true self and completely rest your body and mind, surrounded by green hills, steep cliffs and white empty beaches.
You will be staying in our quiet Yoga Villa, outside the picturesque fisherman village Vila do Bispo, right in the National Park Costa Vicentina and just 3km from the most astonishing unspoiled beaches along the Atlantic Ocean. The yoga villa has 4 double/twin/triple rooms (all with private bathroom), a comfortable living and dining room, rooftop terraces, a large swimming pool, and a 50 m2 wooden yoga deck under the orange trees in our garden. From the backyard you walk straight into the National Park Costa Vicentina where many wonderful trails take you towards the Algarve's most beautiful beaches.
Example day* - Life Awareness Yoga Retreat
7:30-9:00 Dynamic Yoga Class
9:00-10:00 Healthy Breakfast
Free Time (Hike along the cliffs, take a surf lesson, enjoy the beaches)
13:00-14:00 Delicious Lunch (At Yoga Villa or as picnic)
Free Time (read and relax, enjoy our swimming pool and garden...)
18:00-19:00 Relaxing Yoga & Meditation
19:00-20:00 Yogi Vegetarian Dinner
21:00 Evening Meditation / Noble Silence
*Program may vary depending on season and weather conditions.
possibility to book
- Surf Lessons
- SUP Yoga
- Horse Riding
- SUP Tour to Sea Caves
- Mountainbike rental
- Therapeutic or Holistic Massage
- Any requests? Let us know!
- 6 nights in our Yoga Villa
- 12 Yoga & Meditation classes from our professional and passionate yoga teachers
- All yoga sessions include poses, breathing techniques, meditation and clear explanations
- on the beach, garden yoga deck or inside
- During the sessions, the following extras will be included
- Yoga Philosophy
- Tibetan Rites (Tibetan yoga to increase energy)
- Pranayama workshop
- Meditation workshop
- ChiGong & Meditation on the Beach
- Walking Meditation
- Hike in National Park
- Detox Day in Silence
- Delicious organic teas and fresh fruit all day
- All yummy healthy food, fresh from the farmers' market and mostly organic.
Delicious healthy wholesome food
"You are what you eat" and therefore we want you to eat healthy, happy food that is prepared with love. All food is vegetarian, mostly vegan, as much as possible organic and from the local farmers' market. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included and prepared by our lovely chef. Doing some KarmaYoga in the kitchen by giving a helping hand is very much appreciated and a great chance to learn some delicious healthy yogic dishes. Fresh fruit and herbal teas are always available.
* Example Day: Enjoy a nutritious bowl of oatmeal porridge prepared with rice milk, soaked almonds, dried figs and local honey to restore your energy after the morning yoga session; get your vitamins and proteins with a fresh quinoa-lentil-sugarsnap salad decorated with delicious ripe mango and warm your body after the evening yoga with a beetroot soup dressed with fresh coriander and roasted pine nuts, served with rye bread and freshly made humus for the hungry ones.
Teachers & hosts
Michaël is a passionate yoga teacher that has developed his own way of teaching over the years. He teaches yoga in the style of Iyengar yoga, Shivananda Hatha yoga and integrates many mindfulness exercises in his sessions combined with QiGong. Michaël also studied at the Paramanand Institute of Yoga Science & Research in Indore, India.
Michaël is 800hr Yoga Alliance Certified teacher with Yoga Therapy Certification.
During her classes she takes you on a wonderful journey through body and mind. Harmke studied Yoga at Paramanand Institute for Yoga Sciences in India where she also obtained her Yoga Therapy Certification. She works with different yoga styles to meet your specific needs and shares her spiritual journey of self-expression and increasing peace of mind with a wonderful calm energy. Harmke looks forward to guide you on your journey towards health, peace and happiness!
Harmke is 500hr Yoga Alliance Certifiedteacher with Yoga Therapy Certification and founder of MEKAYOGA.
dates & Prices 2018
April Yoga Retreat
28/04 - 04/05 Life Awareness Yoga Retreat - Yoga Villa - 695,-
June Yoga Retreat
23/06 - 29/06 Life Awareness Yoga Retreat - Yoga Villa - 795,-
August Yoga Retreat
25/08 - 31/08 Life Awareness Yoga Retreat - Yoga Villa - 795,-
September Yoga Retreat
15/09 - 21/09 Life Awareness Yoga retreat - Yoga Villa - 795,-
* Book 60 days in advance and get 10% discount
* Returning guests receive 10% discount
* Prices per person, shared room. Private rooms available for +300,-
* All prices in Euro